Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge - Sketch Hour


Greetings & Salutations!!

This week’s Sketch Hour from The Cuttlebug Challenge is a woven card tutorial from the very talented Lori Boyd

It is well worth visiting the links above to learn how to do this marvellous technique and to visit Lori’s inspirational gallery.

For my card, I cut ¼” strips of Basic Grey Vanilla, Posey & Queen Ann (8 pieces each) & 4 pieces of the green PP from the same set to put at the top & bottom & sides.I wove them together as per the tutorial, then stuck it all with scotch tape on the back. I then embossed the piece in my Cuttlebug using the Floral Fantasy EF.

I then cut out a window in my Basic Grey …… piece. Originally I used the 2nd largest Nestie scallop and I intended to emboss around this using the largest Nestie scallop…but it didn’t work. It kinda half cut, half embossed so I must have done something wrong here..but I can’t quite work out what I did. The window ended up being the largest size and I tore around the edges of the window to create a distressed look to try and cover up the mistake. I then inked the torn edges with Versa Chalk – Hint of Pesto.

I put the window over my embossed woven piece but it was missing something…it seemed to blend in a bit much with the main PP. I decided to chalk over the woven embossed piece with Versa Chalk – Perfect Plumeria….and it came up brilliant!!!

I fixed the window over my embossed piece with double-sided scrapbooking tape and then spent AGES trying to figure out an embellishment. I messed about with buttons, large flowers, large brads…nothing was coming to me until I fished about in my crate of felt fusion! The vine ‘spoke’ to me….and it worked!!! I finished it off with some Kaiser flowers, some mini flowers…then inked the edge of the card with Versa Chalk Perfect Plumeria. YEAY!!! My first woven card!!!!! THANKS LORI!!

Materials used:
PP in woven piece – Basic Grey – Lilykate (6” x 6” pad) – Vanilla, Queen Ann & Posey (and a green paper that I can’t find the name for)
Main PP - Chenille
Ribbon – Queen & Co – Green Vine Felt Fusion
Cuttlebug – Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder
Nesties – Petite Scallop Circle Large
Flowers – Kaiser flowers & misc mini flowers

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the patterns weaved together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how clever. what a wonderful card. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison This is just beautiful and the colours are fantastic.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, that is so beautiful. I love the colors. And that vine looks perfect.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is beautiful Alison. Lovely. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison I have left you an award on my blog.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Alison, LOVE the pretty colors and beautiful doodles on your design! You really did an amazing job!!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh this turned out fabulous!! love the depth of color you acheived with the inking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is fabulous, Alison. Great details in that card. Love it!
    CC

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx