Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Basic Grey Challenge #19

Hello everyone!

This week’s challenge from Basic Grey Challenge #19 is a card recipe:

2 Patterned paper

1 button
1 ribbon & bow
3 brads
On the day that this challenge was issued, I found out that my husband’s uncle is to receive a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia award today - Australia Day (26 January). This award is such an honour for a citizen of Australia to receive – we are all very proud of him!!!

fyi…the award is of a similar level of the “Order of Canada” or one of the US government medals/decorations. Click these links for more info on the The Australia Day Honours List or The Order of Australia

My card consists of Basic Grey – LilyKate – Chocolate & Vanilla. I embossed the vanilla PP with Cuttlebug Script texture. The sentiment plates are cut from my Nestabilities Standard Circle Large & Petite Scallop Circle Large. I inked the outside of the vanilla CS with VersaColor – Copper.

Congratulations Uncle Bill!! – hope you like my card!



Materials used:

PP – Basic Grey – Lilykate – Chocolate & Vanilla
Button – Basic Grey – Mellow
Ribbon & bow – misc ribbon from my stash
Brads – misc copper finish brads….they could be ‘Trimmings” brand
Cuttlebug – script texture Embossing Folder
Nesties – Standard Circle Large & Petite Scallop Circle Large
Sentiment - Deja Views - Wonderful Words "Graduation"

8 comments:

  1. Alison, I am sure your uncle is going to love this card, its BEAUTIFUL!!! How awesome for your uncle to receive this prestigious award!!!
    I love the colors and the papers your picked. Great job with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Alison this is absolutely GORGEOUS hun. Love the BG papers and the embossing you did on the vanilla colored paper! Lovely job well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card.Just love the embossed paper.Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love the button treatment, and the rich yummy papers. Your uncle will love this card. Congratulations to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison - love it - beautiful and oh so classy and elegant.
    Congratulations to your uncle.
    Thanks for playing with us this week.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison congratulations to your Uncle he is going to love this card.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is wonderful Alison and I'm sure you're Husband's Uncle will think so to, it's perfect for him. That's such a great achievement and honour and I hope he has a great celebration when he receives his medal. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is stunning and many congratulations to your Uncle too - what an honour. Thank you for joining in our challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx