Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #15 & my first set of NESTABILITIES!!!! Whoo-hoo!

Hi there!

This week's Cuttlebug Be Inspired challenge was issued by Betty Fleck from PageMaps. It was a fantastic sketch and one that really challenged my creativity - it was great! I'm not used to making DL sized cards so it was good for me to try something different :)

I decided to make a card for my best friend who is the most wonderful, special, warm person. She has been going through some personal stuff recently so I thought I'd dedicate this card to her and surprise her in the mail. I believe that women don't tell each other how beautiful they are....I think it is important that we look after one another in this world. Tell your friends how divine they are...hopefully it will catch on and we will see a new wave of confident happy women around us. {hugs all round}

...back to the card...

I just bought my first set of Nestabilities only two days ago!! I had been reading about these little treasures on all your blogs and thought "what are these creatures??? - they must be the key to satisfying my quest for the perfect card!". I went to a card-making class to learn stamping and the shop owner introduced me to Nestabilities and I was SOLD! What a great invention!

Anyway, these "Nesties" were made for this card....I used them for the first time and it all seemed to work out perfectly!!! :)

I hope you like what I've done! I think it's come out a very pretty card....thanks to the artistry of Becky Fleck of course!!!! I've uploaded a few photos as the flash didn't really work so well...



Materials used:
CS - White Bazzill (linen finish) & Hot Pink Bazzill
PP - Basic Grey - Gypsy/Romani (6" x 6") - Dali, Archangel & Dragonfly; misc Japanese paper
Flowers - Queen & Co Felt Fusion - Tropical Pink; Kaiser flowers
Brads - MM crystal brads
Misc buttons
Ink - Versa Chalk "Perfect Plumeria"
Sentiment - MM rub on from "Happy Birthday" booklet
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots, Perfect Paisley, Floral Fantasy
Nestabilites for circles & scallops

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Aren't the nestabilities great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, your card is beautiful! Your friend will be thrilled (and so lucky) to receive this! I love all the colours you've used, and of course the embossing. Great take on the sketch and thanks for taking part this week at Cuttlebug Challenges!
    Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison soooo glad you enjoyed your first stamp class and your new purchase of Nesseys. Great card for the challenge, love it.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic take on the sketch Alison, love it. Thanks for joining in the Cuttlebug challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Allison! I love all the spring colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    Hugs to you,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely take on the sketch Alison
    Thanks for joining us again this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison, I like how you used your nesties with the patterned paper along with the colours you used. Great card! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    Hugs

    Spike

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh - just love this card! i totally agree with you on how we should lift each other up. your friend is so lucky to have you and will delight in your card!! thanks for joining us this week on the be inspired challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness!!! This card is absolutely beautiful!!! You Rocked this Challenge!! This is my Fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison, this is gorgeous!!!!!! I love your colors, your design and I am with you, love the few nestabilities I own, too. Great addition to my CB! Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alison, you have chosen such pretty papers to bring this sketch to life!!! Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing, and for being a part of the Cuttlebug Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alison,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment in my card. I really appreciate it.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love all the circles and the colors. Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card which I'm sure your friend would love.
    Thank you for joining the Cuttlebug challenge this week.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty!! I love all the springy colors. Aren't nesties the best things in the world? I'm so in love with mine.

    Thanks for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, love the colors and textures. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for joining us this week at Cuttlebug Challenges.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job!!! I can't wait to try out my nestabilities that should be at my door any day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the colors
    Maggie
    Http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx