Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge Sketch Hour & Basic Grey Challenge #17

Greetings!

I decided to combine a couple of challenges on the weekend....the Cuttlebug Challenge Sketch Hour and the Basic Grey Challenge 17.

The Basic Grey Challenge required the use of chipboard, but suggested if you don't have any chipboard, then cardboard would also suffice. Since I don't own any chipboard, I used a piece of corrugated cardboard to which I adhered a piece of Basic Grey Gypsy paper, then I covered this in Dimensional Magic. It worked ok, but I think I need to broaden my materials to include chipboard...it would have looked much better.

Here is my card:









Materials used:
Basic Grey Gypsy PP - DragonFly, Harlow, "Striped Paper"
Basic Grey Color Me Silly PP - Celebrate
Maroon Bazzill CS

FancyPants Ribbon (green)
AMM Expressions Ribbon (dark red)
Versa Magic Chalk - Perfect Plumeria & Aspen Mist
Prima Flowers
Kaisercraft Rhinestones
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots & Divine Swirls embossing folders; 2 step butterfly die; Vintage 2 inch corner die


10 comments:

  1. Lovely colours Alison. My stamp is by a company called Sugar Nellie. Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty card Alison. Well done on combining the two challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison, Just love the card and the butterfly is adorable, thanks for popping by my blog and I shall vist you often, love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! Thanks for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenges!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luv your colours thanks for playing with us at the Cuttlebug challenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colors. Love the embossing using the cuttlebug. I need to start using them!!
    Hugs
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this has turned out great Alison, and clever you doing 2 challenges in one - I am always full of good intentions but never quite manage it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bright and beautiful card! I think the cardboard worked just fine. But don't let me stop you from a shopping excursion for chipboard. I just love that stuff! Thanks for playing at BG Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 'chipboard' element has turned out great - well done. Wonderful cheerful colours.
    Thanks for joining us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Alison and I love how you came up such a great alternative for chipboard, very creative and it looks wonderful. Great colours and design too. Chris

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx