Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Stampin' Up! Australia - Color Coach Card #85 - Butterfly Basics

Pear Pizzazz #1

#ColorCoachJourney 

Hi

Here's a new Color Coach card...this time Pear Pizzazz with Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzleberry. 

I've been having fun with watercolour techniques and bokeh ever since my first bokeh card that I did in August last year....I feel like my technique has improved a lot since then and I'm pretty happy with the way this next card turned out. 

One of the cool things about messing around with watercolour backgrounds is that you gain a new understanding for how colour works and the chemical composition of ink colours. 

In this card, when I dropped Pear Pizzazz on my card stock and swirled it around, I noticed there was a brown tone to the green and when it dried, there was a beautiful coppery finish....when you look at this card in real life, it looks shimmery...but there is no shimmer...it's just the way the ink separates when wet. TOO COOL!

Pear Pizzazz mixes beautifully with the cool tones of Tempting Turquoise and when Rich Razzleberry is stamped over the top, it truly is sumptuous! I sponged Pear Pizzazz ink over the stamped Rich Razzleberry Butterfly to give a softer effect.

I used Butterfly Basics with the matching Butterflies Thinlits Dies  (also available as a bundle) 




I was inspired by two challenges today....CAS(E) This Sketch (I flipped the sketch mirror image) and Perfectly Rustics (who have a 'wings' theme this fortnight). 



I hope you like my card. If you have been inspired by it and would like to support my creative business, all the supplies may be found by clicking through the links below which will take you to my store. 

The 2015 Occasions Catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration catalogue are OUT NOW so if you would like to go on my mailing list and receive your free copy, just send me an email. :)

Alternatively, you may download the catalogues here (Occasions) and here (Sale-A-Bration) 


Cheers

Visit my online store for Stampin' Up! supplies.
Are you one of my 15,000+ Pinterest followers?
Have you 'Liked' me on Facebook?
Have you tagged me on Instagram?
Have you tweeted me on Twitter?



12 comments:

  1. Wowsers Alison....looks like I so need to try this Bokeh technique huh??? This card is magical beyond words and has so much WOW. Beautiful ooxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynda! Glad you like the card - yes, you should give Bokeh a go! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card—I love what you have done here! I have been experimenting with watercolor and bokeh as well. It's very addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is Linda! I have several watercoloured backgrounds lined up and ready for bokeh.....there will be a marathon of bokeh on my blog shortly that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your background, and I love how you have continued the softness with your choice of stamps in the front, beautiful. Thanks for joining Perfectly Rustics Wings Challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning, I love all the elements. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear ALison, HELLO lovely, soooooo wonderful of you to come and play with us :)
    We all LOVED your card and HAD TO chose it for our RUNNERS up!!! YAY for you!!! Please grab your runner's up bade! THis card is oozing gorgeousness, that background the colours the butterfly..... EVERYTHING!!! AMAZING!
    Smiles and congrat's Sharnee and the Perfectly Rustics team :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharnee!! I've only just seen this and it made my day! Thank you SO much! xxx

      Delete
  7. Hi Alison congratulations on becoming a runner up at perfectly rustics, your card really is gorgeous such beautiful colours and a beautiful layout too..
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Babs!!! It was fun to play along with you guys. xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! You watercolored the background in Pear Pizzaz and then stamped the white bokeh? How did you stamp the bokeh? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx