Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Stampin' Up! Australia - Stampin' Up! 40th Birthday Card

Hi

This card is a modified CASE of a card by the very talented Brian King. Brian has such an impressive artistic flair and he showcases endless innovative ways to use Stampin' Up! product. His original card is here.

My best friend turned 40 on the weekend and I wanted to give her a card that reflected her own elegant style. I loved Brian's card - he uses the Etcetera DSP so beautifully, so I emailed him to get permission to show my modified card on my blog. He was generous enough to give me his blessing. :)


I didn't have the exact same DSP panel in my stash so I used another feature panel and layered my '40' over the top....I wanted to alter the sentiment slightly so I added an ampersand from the "Hello Lovely" set to make a new greeting. 

Hope you like it!

Cheers
Alison 
xx


Materials used:
Stamp - Million & One, Hello Lovely (the ampersand)
Ink - Night of Navy, Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Baked Brown Sugar, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Etcetera DSP
Tools - Big Shot, Stampin' Trimmer, SNAIL, Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die
Accessories - Ruffle Trim Ribbon in Baked Brown Sugar




2 comments:

  1. Alison - This card is lovely, and I know your friend loved receiving it. Thanks for the shoutout and link over to my card. All the best, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, this is beautiful. I love those colors and the how you used that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx