Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Festive Friday Challenge #19 - Stampin' Up! Medallion Christmas Card

Hi everyone
Today's challenge over at the Festive Friday Challenge is to use Glimmer & Glitter!!! Perfect for a Christmas Card don't you think?!



I decided to use the Stampin' Up! Medallion stamp with the scallop sentiment from Perfect Punches layered on a glimmery scallop circle. I coloured the silver glimmer paper with Bravo Burgundy using a sponge dauber. It seems that when you colour the silver glimmer paper, it really brings out the sparkle....as if it could GET any sparklier. The two best things about Stampin' Up! Glimmer Paper:

a) there are no bits of glitter debris on your work space...none! It's fantastic stuff.
b) it has been carried over from the Summer Mini so you can still order it!!! :)

For my 'glitter' element, I applied some of the Champagne Glitter from the "Fine Galaxy" (page 145 of the catalogue). Using the 2-Way Glue Pen, I dabbed some glue on the circles of the medallion image and sprinkled the Champagne Glitter over the top.  

For my final festive touch, I sprayed the card with some champagne shimmer spray, made by combining some Stampin' Up! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (pg 147) with some Isocol in a spray bottle. It is beautiful!! :)

   

I love how this card sparkles & shimmers. Hope you can all play along with your glimmer & glitter this week!! :) 

Bye!

Materials used:
Stamps: Medallion, Perfect Punches
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive
Cardstock: Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, Naturals Ivory, Silver Glimmer paper
Accessories: Bravo Burgundy 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (retired), Champagne Glitter (from Fine Galaxy)
Tools: Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, 1 3/4 Scallop Circle Punch, 2 3/4 Scallop Circle Punch, 2-way Glue Pen, Sponge Daubers, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (mixed with Isocol), Embossing Buddy.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card Alison. It's very striking. Love the colours and glitter. Cheers Donna Zammit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, this is a gorgeous card!

    I wanted to email you after the comment you left on my blog, but couldn't find your email address. The punch I used on the balloon card is from Fiskars :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx