Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Stampin' Up! Fathers Day Card - 'Dynamic Duos' and 'Clean & Simple'

Hello!
I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the world, but it is freezing cold here in Brisbane. When I say freezing cold, it is about 10 degrees....but when one considers that most houses in Brisbane, Australia have paper-thin walls to accomodate the scorching summers.....my house lets ALL the cold in!


...which means I spend most evenings next to my heater playing with my Stampin' Up! goodies!!! :)




Anyway...I have discovered a fabulous new blog challenge called Dynamic Duos. I played along last week and I gave it another go this week, since their colours for the Monochromatic Challenge week are Early Espresso and Crumb Cake!! I also thought the sketch this week for Clean & Simple Stamping was pretty cool too, so I made a Fathers Day card! :)







 Hope you like it! I used the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for the background and a Framelit for the sentiment panel (also using a NEW product which will be available in Australia on 1st September!!!). To get the lighter colour on my little 'cups', I stamped off the Early Espresso once onto paper before stamping the second time onto the Very Vanilla cardstock. My little banners are Early Espresso textured cardstock and some Crumb Cake smooth cardstock which I ran through the Crimper. I used my 1" square punch to make the banner ends nice & neat. :)


btw....I will be using this 'banner' technique in my next card class which is this Sunday, so if you are in the Brisbane area and want to come along, just email me or call me on 0413 405 139 for the details. Cost is $20 for 6 cards.

Byee!!!

Materials used:
Stamps - Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Itty Bitty Bits, plus......a-new-stamp-available-on-1st-September!!!
Ink - Early Espresso
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Early Espresso textured, Crumb Cake
Accessories - Neutrals Shimmer Brad
Tools - Big Shot, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, 1" square punch, SNAIL, Paper Cutter, Crimper, Stamp-a-majig.  

7 comments:

  1. Great Father's Day card Alison, my dad would love it...he LOVES his coffee! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean lines of your card. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your banners and little rows of coffee cups. Such a lovely CAS design. So glad you're back playing along at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean and simple design of your card! The little cups are too cute!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your CAS style. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS card! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that embossed background! Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx