Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Festive Friday Challenge #25 - Stampin' Up! Baroque Motifs

Hello
Here is another Festive Friday Challenge creation.....this time it is a sketch challenge....here is the sketch.


Originally I was thinking "ornament punch", "baubles" etc.... but then I thought of doing those wonderful poinsettia flowers using the 5 Petal Punch. I'd seen them on various blogs before and thought they looked so lovely! 

For my poinsettia flower I used the Red Glimmer Paper....SO SPARKLY!! I consulted my Stampin' Up! Colour Coach and had a look at the various 'red' cards and the combination that jumped right out at me was the "Riding Hood Red" card which suggested Riding Hood Red-Lucky Limeade-Perfect Plum....how gorgeous!! What do you think?.....

I used my new Simply Scored Scoring Tool to creat a nice border around my vanilla cardstock and inked up the "Seasons Greetings" from Curly Cute by rocking & rolling in Perfect Plum and Riding Hood Red....I think the effect is quite lovely. I lightly sponged the vanilla card with Perfect Plum, concentrating on the bottom a bit more than the sides and put a gorgeous little silver glimmer brad through my flower. I then mounted the main panel onto a piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock.     

Hope you enjoy my card and please play along with us at Festive Friday Challenges!! :)

Materials used:
Stamps - Baroque Motifs, Curly Cute
Ink - Lucky Limeade, Perfect Plum, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock - Red Glimmer Paper, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red
Accessories - Silver Glimmer Brad
Tools - Simply Scored, 5 Petal Punch, Mat Pack, Stamp-a-majig, Dimensionals, SNAIL, Paper Cutter

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison! I will admit that I haven't even thought of Christmas cards (feels like I'm still recovering from last year!) The Festive Friday Challenge is a great idea to get into gear for Christmas...it seems to come around so quickly every year doesn't it!? Lovely card - as always! Love your sparkly pointsettia!
    Lou X
    www.louisesharp.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx