Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Festive Friday Challenge #23 - Stampin' Up! Contempo Christmas

Hello


Todays card for the Festive Friday Challenge was an Inspiration Challenge based on this image....



I have to say that yet again, I was a bit stumped by the challenge set for us....I stared at the picture for aaaages before I came up with a few things. I decided to use the bowl of Christmas peppermints as a starting point....in part mainly due to the fact that at the Stampin' Up! Convention last week, Carrie Cudney from the US head office showed us how to make little peppermint embellishments. I thought I would give it a go.....much harder than she made it look when she presented on stage, but I did about 3 of them and this one seemed to 'sit' ok. I will have a bit more of a play and put up the dimensions when I get it right. :)    

I thought I would also take the 'picture frame', the 'white & red ribbons', the 'snowflakes' and of course the Baja Breeze colour of the wrapping paper as my design cues. 


Hope you like my card!  :)

Materials used:
Stamps - Contempo Christmas (sentiment), Snow Swirled
Ink - Baja Breeze, Real Red
Cardstock - Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Baja Breeze DSP from the Subtles stack, Real Red DSP strips from the Brights stack.
Accessories - Frost White Shimmer Paint, Dazzling Diamonds, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.
Tools - Big Shot, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stampin' Sponges, Two Way Glue Pen, Stamp-a-majig, Build-a-Brad (retired), Mat Pack, SNAIL, Paper Cutter.
     


3 comments:

  1. Love it Alison!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn!! I need to work on my peppermints though....Carrie's looked SO GOOD at Convention!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colours in this Alison! Great job on your peppermint! Xx
    Lou X
    www.louisesharp.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx