Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sweet Summer Color Lab Challenge

Hi!
Today I decided to use up some of my scrap patterned paper and lo and behold this one matched the Color Lab Challenge #33 of Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz and Regal Rose.





I have SO MUCH paper and 'stuff' that it is now my resolution to always use something 'old' in one of my creations and not just go for the new Stampin' Up supplies that I have recently fallen in love with. :)

I did use the "Sweet Summer" set for the first time - I have only really seen this set being used for watercolouring so I wasn't sure how often I would use it since I don't have any watercolouring supplies yet and I don't know how to 'colour-in' yet. I thought I would take a chance and just do a basic clean stamp of flowers. It seemed to work with a light sponge of pink over the top.



Here is my card:


Materials used:
Stamps - Sweet Summer from Stampin Up's Sale-a-bration 2011

Ink - Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark ink (a Regal Rose equivalent)
Cardstock - Pear Pizzazz, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Patterned Paper - misc patterned paper (I can't remember the brand or design)
Embellishments - misc ribbon in a Pear Pizzazz equivalent, Kaisercraft Pearls - Plum
Tools - sponges for edge of Whisper White and for flower 'middles'

4 comments:

  1. Very colorful and so cute. Thank you for joining the ColorLab challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card! Good luck with your resolution to use stuff you've already got in your stash. I make this resolution myself every few months!! Thanks for joining us at the ColorLab this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColorLab this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great paper! I love your resolution...I have tried too (sometimes it even works!). So glad you joined us at the ColorLab Challenges this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx