Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Stampin' Up! Australia - Color Coach Card #96 - Cheerful Critters - One Layer Card

Pumpkin Pie #1

#ColorCoachJourney 

Hi

Less is More are having a One Layer Card challenge this week with the added theme of 'Animals'.

My Color Coach colours today are Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso. I wanted to use Cheerful Critters on my card as it is such a cute stamp set, so the fact that Daffodil Delight is featured in my colour options, the little chick was the obvious choice. I used Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities and an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker to give him a plaid shirt. 

My original idea was to just have the chick on the bottom right hand side of the card and nothing else, but I was looking at my masks/stencils and thought maybe I could mask the bird and have stars appearing behind it, but as I was moving my stencil around on the page, I had it at an angle and one of those fun creative light bulb moments happened. :)



Less is More theme:


Edited 18/03/15.... I am also linking this card to the AAA Card Challenge as they are having a Bare Naked CAS challenge. :)

I also used the Envelope Liner Framelit Die to cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper to line the envelope to match the card. 

I hope you like my card. If you have been inspired by it and would like to support my creative business, all the supplies may be found by clicking through the links below which will take you to my store.

The 2015 Occasions Catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration catalogue are OUT NOW so if you would like to go on my mailing list and receive your free copy, just send me an email. :)

Alternatively, you may download the catalogues here (Occasions) and here (Sale-A-Bration) 

Cheers

Visit my online store for Stampin' Up! supplies.
Are you one of my 15,000+ Pinterest followers?
Have you 'Liked' me on Facebook?
Have you tagged me on Instagram?
Have you tweeted me on Twitter?

Product List

14 comments:

  1. I love the graduated inking of the stars Alison, what a strange little critter, I wonder what he is supposed to be!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I think he is meant to be a bird or chick of some sort (with a dome-shaped head). :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! I love the stars coming up from the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and striking card Alison
    Super image and love the stars.
    You might also like to link up at AAA Cards as we are looking for similar cards their too. Thanks for playing along at LIM. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little guy and love your spray of stars. So glad you could play along with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your light bulb moment really paid off, love the angled stars. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny little critter - I love how he sits at the bottom edge of the card, and I love the gradient inking of the stars. Wonderful CAS. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thrilled to see you've popped across to AAA cards too Alison.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS card!! Love the design, image, stars... well, everything. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card Alison, love those stars!
    Thanks so much for your entry
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are such fun stars, nicely done! Thanks for playing AAA CAS Cards Challenge with us, so nice to have you along. Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sponging through the stencil - I love the bright colours! The placement of the chick is absolutely perfect -what a great one layer card!!! Thanks for sharing at AAA Card this week! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx