Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthday Bakery Watercolouring

Dear Everyone

I was inspired to do some watercolouring for some Birthday cards that I was making for some fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I know "Birthday Bakery" is a retired set but it is so much fun to play with.

I got inspiration for the layout of the card from the
Utah Divas International Sketch Challenge #179 and the colours from Colour Q Challenge #127 . The colours are Certainly Celery, Calyspso Coral, Blushing Bride & Chocolate Chip. When I read those colours on the challenge blog....I immediately saw cake! :)








I enjoyed making the first card so much, I made a few of them, and then I made a variation on it and did a card for a colleague at work who wanted a card for her sister-in-law. She mentioned 'purples'....so I did Birthday Bakery in Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Bravo Burgundy and Crumb Cake! I coloured the glimmer paper in Wisteria Wonder just to tie it all in.
Hope you enjoy the cards....watercolouring really is AWESOME! If you would like to order any of the supplies I used to make these cards, just give me a call or email me. Remember there are still a couple of weeks left of Sale-A-Bration so if your order is $100 or more, you will earn free stamps! :)

Materials used:
Card 1...
Stamps: Birthday Bakery (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Stazon
Cardstock: SU Watercolour paper, Calypso Coral DSP from Everyday Enchantment DSP pack, Blushing Bride DSP, non-SU 'celery' cardstock.
Accessories: Calypso Coral ribbon from Sale-A-Bration catalogue 2012, misc pink button, Dazzling Diamonds.
Tools: Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Stazon cleaner, Aquapainter, Modern Label punch, 2-way glue pen.

Card 2...
Stamps: Birthday Bakery (retired)
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Perfect Plum, Bravo Burgundy, Crumb Cake, Stazon
Cardstock: SU Watercolour paper, Concord Crush DSP, Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds.
Tools: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Sponge Daubers, 2-way glue pen, Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Stazon cleaner, Aquapainter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx