Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stampin' Up! - Betsy's Blossoms Christmas Wreath

Hello Stampin' friends
For this week's Dynamic Duos challenge, it was a 'bold and sassy' week so the colours were Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade.

I decided to do a Christmas card using my favourite stamp set of the moment, "Betsy's Blossoms" from the new 2012-2013 Annual Catalogue. This set is so versatile....I think you could use it for just about anything!! 

I went with a very 'clean and simple' design. I did have to try very hard not to add too much....the stark design is growing on me :) 

I made another card (see next image) along similar lines and I added more stamps and a sentiment banner. Not sure which one I like best. Leave me a comment and let me know which you prefer and why.....I'd love to know your thoughts. :)




Materials used:
Stamps - Betsy's Blossoms (leaf stamp), Topsy-Turvy Celebrations (bow stamp), Delightful Decorations ("snowflake" stamp on 2nd card), Curly Cute (sentiment stamp on 2nd card)
Ink - Lucky Limeade and Poppy Parade
Cardstock - Whisper White - textured and smooth
Accessories - Dazzling Diamonds (on snowflakes in 2nd card)
Tools - Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Bone Folder, Dimensionals, 2-way glue pen (for Dazzling Diamonds).


6 comments:

  1. Goodness Alison it's hard to pick one from these too lovelies, but I think #2 is my fav! The snowflakes add some pizazz! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great. I like the simplicity of the first one! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is fabulous! I really like both of them - such a creative use of that leaf stamp. Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duo's challenge this week!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These rock! Such an awesome way to use that leaf stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean and simple style of both cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time choosing, as well. I love a beautifully simple card like the first. But I also think the sentiment banner on the second is such a lovely touch. Nice job on both of them! Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx