Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge

Hi

My card today were inspired by these cards by Catherine Pooler. I loved her background stamping and the use of the die cut monogram. 

I am a bit behind on my thank you cards for my boys for their Christmas presents. They were very lucky this year and our relatives and friends were so generous with gifts for them. I like to send thank you cards out as I think it is important for the next generation to develop the art of gratitude and that to say 'thank you' means to honour the person who thought to do something caring towards you. My eldest son (5 yrs old) loves to write his name in the cards and we discuss our favourite things about the gift etc...

So.....why N2? My sons both have names that start with the letter 'N' and my husband and I often refer to them collectively as 'N-squared'....hence N2.


....my 'N' is die cut from a sheet of glossy black card stock that I found in my miscellaneous stash...it was from a backing board from a bound document book. May I make a bit of a trend prediction that glossy coloured card stock will be the next big thing!! When you see this in real life, the N looks so cool and edgy and glossy....you just want to touch it! The '2' is cut from Stampin' Up! Silver Foil....also very tactile and glossy. I just love them together!!! :)

I loved the layout so much that I made another variation on it....this birthday card using Label Love and the wonderful, awesome Essentials Wooden Elements from the up and coming Occasions catalogue. I decorated them with Candy Dots which just makes them MORE cool!

I really love these cards!


Don't forget to browse my online store and place an order if anything here catches your eye. :) The Essentials Wooden Elements will be available on 28th January...email me if you would like your free Occasions catalogue mailed to you. 

Cheers
Alison xx

Materials used:
Stamp - Gorgeous Grunge, Label Love
Ink - Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive
Cardstock - Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay
Accessories - Essentials Wooden Elements, Brights Candy Dots
Tools - Stampin' Trimmer, 2 1/2 inch circle punch, Artisan Label Punch, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die.



1 comment:

  1. Love this card! Beautiful and such a lovely gesture! Jessie x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx