Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dynamic Duos #24 - Stampin' Up Love & Sympathy



Hi!

This is my second card as this month's Guest Designer for Dynamic Duos. I just LOVE these colours together.

There has, quite unfortunately, been a run of sympathy card demand recently and I never seem to have them on hand when I need them or if someone at work needs one. The soft, subtle colours of this challenge seemed to channel a sympathy card, plus I had recently acquired Stampin' Up!'s 'Love and Sympathy' stamp set and I was hoping to get the opportunity to ink it up sooner rather than later.

The background DSP on this card is a piece of patterned paper from Spice Cake, which sadly is retired now but the colours on this sheet are Pool Party, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla which was absolutely perfect for this card. When I laid it down onto the base, it looked too 'bright' for a sympathy card, so I did a vellum overlay and it softened it immediately......I will have to remember that trick for next time. I adhered the corners of the vellum with mini glue dots and covered them with the larger pearl from the SU Pearls pack.

Please have a look at the beautiful cards from the Dynamic Duos Design Team below....there will be plenty of inspiration and no excuse not to join in with us this week!! :)      



Materials used:
Stamp - Love and Sympathy
Ink - Pool Party, Soft Suede
Cardstock - Very Vanilla (smooth and textured CS), Soft Suede,
Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (retired), White vellum paper
Accessories - Pearls
Tools - Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-majig, Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Mini Glue Dots.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Alison! I love the layering of your die cuts and the stamped image is perfect! I always love your designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those layered framelits - wonderful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and what a lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the creative way you used the framelits!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vellum overlay really does add to the softness of this sympathy card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx