Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dynamic Duos #23 - Stampin' Up! Day of Gratitude



Hello!


This is my first card as this month's Guest Designer for Dynamic Duos. The challenge is to use Tangerine Tango and Old Olive. Since these are lovely autumnal colours, I thought I would use the main stamp from Day of Gratitude.

I heat embossed some watercolour paper with Early Espresso embossing powder and then watercoloured the leaf image with Tangerine Tango on the outer leaves and Old Olive on the inner part. The colours blend quite beautifully and create a gold-ish tinge on the watercolour paper. I used an Antique Brad to finish off the middle and some Early Espresso Baker's Twine to wrap around the image panel. I mounted the whole thing onto a Very Vanilla Textured Cardstock base.

Hope you like my card and please come and play along at Dynamic Duos this week! I'd love to see what you create.






Cheers
Alison  xxx
Materials used:
Stamp - Day of Gratitude
Ink - Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Versamark
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Watercolour paper
Accessories - Antique Brad, Early Espresso Bakers Twine
Tools - Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Aquapainter, Embossing Buddy, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
   

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Guest Designer spot! You have created a truly lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your guest DT spot and welcome! Your card is SO PRETTY Alison, beautifully shaded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alison, this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE it! And congrats on the design team spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Guest Design Team gig - and for creating such a great card for this week's colour challenge!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, congrats on being Guest DT this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous. I love the way you've used these colors on that beautiful image. So pretty. ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison, Welcome to the DD team this month! So excited to have you joining us! Your card is gorgeous and I really like how you shaded the image with the challenge colors. Looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love that medallion!! Thanks for your blog visit!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx