Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stampin Up! Australia - Color Coach Card #38 - Stampin' Up! Zoo Babies

Pacific Point #2

SCROLL DOWN FOR EDITED PART OF POST 07/05/14


Hi

For this Color Coach Journey card, I was a bit stumped by the colour combo of Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry. 


I had a long think about it and thought that a card for a little boy would work. 

I pulled out Zoo Babies as I knew that they would look cute in these colours. I'm not overly fond of the layout of the card....I was originally going to go portrait and in hindsight I wish I had. 


I curved the corners of the card as there were some frayed edges that I had made during some 'aggressive trimming' of the card stock....again I wish I had  maybe just torn the corners rather than curved them - the border now looks too narrow. 

Oh well! I really like the animals inked up in those colours and I DO like the wooden embellishment....I think that sentiment is cute coming from the giraffe. 



Materials used:

Stamp - Zoo Babies, Pennant Parade
Ink - Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock - Whisper White, Pacific Point
Accessories - Essentials Wooden Elements

EDITED 07/05/14

I decided that this card needed a do-over....

Here's my updated version:


While the photo isn't great, the card itself is an improvement :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx