Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mothers Day Card - Color Lab Challenge #29


Another Mothers Day Card, this time for the Color Lab Challenge #29

The stamped flower image is one that I had previously done in a class but not used so I don't know the name of the set or the colours. I teamed it with a Rich Razzleberry panel, Old Olive cardstock and Pear Pizzazz DSP.

Things to remember for next time:
a) don't punch a border panel on the bottom of the main panel - I think it would have looked better 'clean'.
b) The main panel could have done without the sponging of pear pizzazz on the borders and main sheet - you probably can't see it in the photo, but I thought I would 'vintage' it up a bit but it just came out looking a bit dirty :(

Materials used:
Stamps - misc flower stamp, flourish from SU Bliss set, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock - White, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz DSP
Ink - Versamark (for flourish on background), Pear Pizzazz for sentiment & sponging edges
Ribbon - misc purple velvet ribbon
Accessories - Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch, sponges

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I love the flowers and the background from Bliss used together. So glad you joined the ColorLab Challenge this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColorLab this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your sponging looks dirty at all. I think it gives your card a very nice vintage look, especially when paired with the stamp from the Bliss set. I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx