Welcome to this week's Artful Stampers Blog Hop and welcome from Tamsin’s blog.
Here are the essentials:
- This card was pulled together from scraps.....seriously...it was!
- The base is Kraft and then theres a layer of Very Vanilla card stock stamped with Hardwood in Crumb Cake and then sponged and ‘distressed’ with Gorgeous Grunge. I had this layer in my stash as it didn’t make the cut for another card.
- The bokeh layer was done so long ago that I can’t remember the colours....but any tones in yellow, orange, pink and green would work if you wanted to reproduce this.
- You can stamp on vellum and it comes out beautifully soft. I chose vellum to let the bokeh layer through. I stamped a sentiment from Botanicals for You in Crumb Cake.
- The Pool Party butterfly framelit was also an off-cut. You may also notice that the frame-lit has had surgical enhancement. The two pointy bits at the bottom were too low for my card, so I creatively snipped them off and made sure that the edge had a curve like the rest of the butterfly.
- A vellum butterfly and a metal-rimmed pearl are the perfect finishing embellishment.
Here is our sketch for this week:
To follow the blog hop, just click the arrows below.
Stamp - Botanicals For You, Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink - Crumb Cake + assorted inks for bokeh layer
Cardstock - Kraft, Watercolour, Very Vanilla, Vellum, Pool Party
Tools - Stampin’ Trimmer, SNAIL, Aquapainter, Glue Dots, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Big Shot, Bold Butterfly Framelit Die
Accessories - Metal Rimmed Pearl
Are you one of my 16000+ Pinterest followers?