Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Stampin' Up! Australia - Color Coach Card #21 - Positively Chevron

Rose Red Card #2

Dear Stampin' friends,

Now this Color Coach card didn't really turn out the way I expected, but sometimes those cards are quite cool - yes?



This isn't based on any kind of sketch, but it was inspired partially by a card in our Impressions magazine and partially by a technique that I recently saw on Catherine Pooler's Stamp Nation forum where she did a really cool wood-grain look on her card. 

I had a piece of Crumb Cake from an abandoned project that I had stamped with Rose Red using the Positively Chevron background stamp. The Colour Coach colours are Rose Red, Soft Suede & Marina Mist, but I have taken a bit of artistic license and used Crumb Cake as my neutral since I'm not using Very Vanilla or Whisper White. Is that ok do you think? I guess I'm just making the rules up as I go along. ;)

....anyway...I made the background using some Soft Suede ink, Craft Whisper White ink and Marina Mist ink with some help from my Simply Scored. 

I wanted to make Rose Red the feature of my sentiment panel so I cut a piece with my Apothecary Accents Framelits and added a feature of Rose Red DSP (retired....I think it is called Sweet & Sour) ....decorated it with my main sentiment panel tag + some Marina Mist Candy Dots and there you go! FInished card!

It's not my usual style but I really like the background - it looks like a graffiti wall I think.

If you love this card and want to support my business and creativity then I invite you to browse through my online store.

Cheers
Alison xxx


Materials used:
Stamp - Label Love, Positively Chevron
Ink - Rose Red, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Craft Whisper White
Cardstock - Soft Suede, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Sweet & Sour DSP (retired) 
Accessories - Subtles Candy Dots
Tools - Stampin' Trimmer, Simply Scored, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx