Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Stampin’ Up! Australia - Stampin’ Up! Botanical Gardens + Happy Birthday Everyone

Hi

Welcome to this week's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.



Here are the essentials:

  • I wanted to use a bold pattern as my background and have all the other elements as miniature pieces. Botanical Gardens DSP has some amazing patterns and I chose the leafy one for this card. 
  • The angled greeting took on a life of its own and became a tag. I used the Gold Glitter Tape and made a faux-ribbon.  
  • Use your scraps! I had a doily-cut off, a vellum scrap piece and a gold glimmer butterfly that I had punched but not used sitting in my embellishments case. I threw them on this card and it worked in an eclectic kinda way.  

Here is our sketch for this week:




Card recipe

Stamp - Happy Birthday Everyone
Ink - Mossy Meadow
Cardstock - Whisper White cardstock, Botanical Gardens DSP, Botanical Gardens Vellum, Gold Glimmer Paper
Tools - Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL, Itty Butterfly Punch, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Paper Snips
Accessories - Metallic Sequins, Gold Glitter Tape, Doily

I hope you will join in and create a card with us.....and please feel free to leave me and the other CCMC participants some comments! :)

Cheers
Are you one of my 16,000+ Pinterest followers?
Have you 'Liked' me on Facebook?
Have you tagged me on Instagram?
Have you tweeted me on Twitter?

5 comments:

  1. Love how you used the angled greeting as a tag! Perfect touch! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used that bold background paper Alison and prettied it up with your glimmer butterfly and the splashes of gold and the doily. A great way to use up those bits and pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice combination of elements! Love the vellum, the glimmer and the doily all rolled into one happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when the dsp provides the images - our dsp is so great for that! I love how you used the scraps, too - I always have a little pile of rejects from other projects on my desk, and they become the stars of other cards! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you let the DSP be the "star" of the show, but the little accents of the sparkle sure do shine! Fabulous card this week, Alison!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx