Welcome to this week's Artful Stampers Blog Hop and welcome from Annette’s blog.
Here are the essentials:
- I watercoloured the bug image on watercolour paper...Marina Mist for the windows, Perfect Plum for the running board, Rose Red for the main body and Smoky Slate for the wheels, tyres, door handle and side mirror. I also went over the wheel spokes, mirror and handle with a Smoky Slate marker for definition.
- Using up scraps! I found some retired Smoky Slate DSP, a starburst-shaped Perfect Plum die cut, some Rose Red seam binding and a piece of Naturals Chevron ribbon so I set about making these work with the bug.
- Anatomy of bling! So....the bling here consists of the Botanical Garden flower jewel in the top left corner, rhinestone jewels in the middle of the wheels, and 3 sets of twin rhinestones dotted around the card.
- Teeny tiny details....the “Beautiful Ride” stamp set has the most adorable miniature flower so I put that in the corner of the back door hinge and echoed it on the sentiment banner. CUTE!
- The layout was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches this week.
- As I am looking at this photo, I’m thinking that some Wink of Stella would look fabulous on the car so I’m off to add that now! :)
Here are our colours for this week:
Here’s the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches (I took some artistic licence with the sentiment placement - I couldn’t make it work up there!)
To follow the blog hop onto , just click the arrows below.
Stamp - Beautiful Ride
Ink - Smoky Slate, Rose Red, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate marker, Archival Black ink
Cardstock - Naturals White, Watercolour, Smoky Slate, Smoky Slate DSP (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Starburst Framelit Dies, Paper Snips, Aquapainter, Stapler, Glue Dots, Snail, Dimensionals
Accessories - Botanical Gardens Jewels, Naturals Chevron Ribbon, Rose Red Seam Binding (retired), Rhinestone Jewels
Late addition - WINK OF STELLA CLEAR! :)
Are you one of my 16000+ Pinterest followers?