Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Color Coach Card #55 - Stampin' Up! I Like You

Raspberry Ripple #2


Hi

It took about 3 different cards to realise this colour combination of Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette and Old Olive! Seriously man! Pink & green shouldn't be this hard! LOL


Anyway, CASE Study came to my rescue....when I saw Pamela's wonderful card, I knew exactly what I wanted to try. I'm also submitting this for consideration as a Guest Designer at CASE Study.....love that challenge! 

This is a new stamp set called "I Like You" - it contains some beautiful folk-art inspired line art flower stamps....which are perfect for colouring with the new SU Blendabilities and I have seen a few cards on the internet that use it in this way....I wanted to use it in a different way though....and use the traditional blender pen way of colouring. 

I stamped the flowers in Raspberry Ripple using a post-it note as a mask to leave a centre panel for my sentiment. I used my blender pens to pick up Pink Pirouette and Raspberry Ripple to colour in the petals. Old Olive was used for the leaves. 

The 'Just Because' sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts. 



Hope you like my card!

Cheers
Alison xx

Materials used:
Stamps - I Like You, A Dozen Thoughts
Ink - Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette
Cardstock - Whisper White
Tools - Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Post-it Notes, Stamp-a-majig (essential!)

6 comments:

  1. wow I like it. I like the technique you used. I am have all the stampin up markers and I am not going to invest in the SU Blendabilities I will use my blender pen like you did :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful card. I guess I will have to get the "I like You" stamp set though love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love.....so sweet, simple yet very striking. It makes me smile :) I will have to CASE....although with a different stamp set as I don't have that one. Cheers Donna Z :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, this is so super pretty! Beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty this is :) lovely design and colors

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx