Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Punch Bunch - Inkspirations Challenge #60












Hi!
I made this card for the Makeesha Byl’s Inkspiration Challenge #60. These colours are so gorgeous together - love them! I enjoyed the colours so much I made two cards, but I think I lost my way on the second card a bit - it's a bit unfocused (both the photo and creatively speaking). I like my first one though (the Happy Birthday one).


Materials used:
Stamps - Punch Bunch
Ink - Rose Red

Cardstock - Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White
Embellishments - misc ribbon, misc button & thread
Tools - Cuttlebug embossing folders: Swiss Dots and Divine Swirls, Stampin Up Square Scallop Punch.



With the 'Thank you" card, I experimented with stamping on plain cardstock then embossing it which gives a lovely effect. I took a piece of Whisper White and stamped it with some stamps from Itty Bitty Bits in Rose Red and So Saffron then embossed with Stampin' Up's Square Lattice folder. The effect is great - it almost looks like a piece of fabric! It's about the only thing I'm happy with on this card though - it kinda got out of control. :)


Materials used:
Cardstock - Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White, Subtles DSP (for the rose red behind the sentiment).
Stamps - Punch Bunch, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Itty Bitty Bits

Ink - Craft Whisper White ink, Rose Red inkpad & marker, So Saffron marker
Tools - Owl Punch, Modern label punch, Word Window Punch, Cuttlebug folders (Bloom Dots & Swiss Dots), Stampin Up Square Lattice embossing folder.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I like the 2nd card too! The texture and layers on both are great!
    RobbynW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison,

    I like the 2nd card also, its my pick, well done.
    I surf the internet each night for ideas and watch the most talented card makers. Thats how I have slowly learnt this wonderful craft.
    Keep on making cards, its a soothing craft.
    Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog!!!
    I look forward to seeing your cards on Inkspirations!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fun cards :) Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design Alison. The repetitive square matting really draws focus to the sentiment & the buttony bow tops it off nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx