Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Stampin' Up! Flower Shop for CASE-ing The Catty

Hi

At CASE-ing the Catty this week, we are exploring the Wedding chapter of the catalogue. 

CASE - The acronym stands for COPY AND SHARE EVERYTHING. The latest Stampin' Up! ® Catalogue certainly encourages crafters to do just that as it is jam packed with amazing, inspirational projects.

The idea is to feature a section of the Stampin' Up! ® catalogue each week using the projects in the catty as inspiration.



You can directly CASE (Copy and Share Everything) or use a sketch/layout, colour combo, embellishment, just to name a few examples, as a springboard for your own creations.


Here's a Badge to paste to your blog:


Guidelines


  •   Create a new project for the current challenge (no back linking)
  • Mention CTC Challenges in your blog post and link back to the challenge blog so others can join in on the fun.
    • Let us know what project you CASED and make reference to the page of your country's catalogue where you got your inspiration. 
    • SUO products (retired or current) may be used in your projects for CTC Challenges. 


    So let's go!

    For my card, I was inspired by the wedding card on page 67 of the catalogue. I loved the layered flowers from Flower Shop and the cool script background of the Dictionary stamp.

    I think it is funny how sometimes the first thing you reach for in your craft stash sets the tone for the whole card. I intended to do this card on a Soft Sky base just like the example in the catalogue, but I saw a square piece of Very Vanilla card stock sitting in my drawer and I grabbed it instead.

    I don't have the Dictionary stamp set but I DO have the gorgeous new Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper so I cut this down to size for my background. Before you say anything, yes, I have a thing about newsprint looking a certain way....my thing is this....if newsprint is around the correct way, then the eye is drawn to read the words....which isn't really why it is on a creative project. It is there to give a feel or an aesthetic, so I always turn my newsprint around the other way so you get the idea of newspaper or a vintage book but your eye isn't distracted by sentences about farming etc. :)

    I hope you like my card. It is WAY more shabby chic and vintage than I am used to, but I do like the way this card has come out. :)




    Cheers
    Alison xx

    3 comments:

    1. Great minds CASE alike Alison! LOVE your take on the sample card. From the card size to the colour combo, I love it all :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love your card Alison. The wood grain background is terrific, and you can't help but love those flowers.

      ReplyDelete
    3. A gorgeous CASE, Alison. I love that sketch in the catty. Great choice of colours and I think I like your version much better!

      ReplyDelete

    Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
    Peace & love
    Alison xx