Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Stampin' Up! Australia - Papillon Potpourri - Butterfly Card

Hi

A friend at work asked me to make them a card based on this one by Claudia from Ink Paper Love. Claudia's card is really cool....it had different coloured butterflies flying out of a jar and she had created some cool swirly stitching on her card too. My friend at work wanted blue tones to the card so I set about trying to recreate the look and feel of Claudia's original (without having to use any sewing since I'm terrible at that!! :) ). 

Claudia was kind enough to give her blessing for me to publish this CASE'd card to share with you. :)


I used the Hearts a Flutter framelits to make my "jar" out of acetate (window sheet). I used a corner rounder punch to round the corners of the shape and snipped off the end part to make the top of the jar. 



I then just used a Basic Black Marker to draw on my jar. 



The colours of the butterflies are Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse and Baja Breeze. 



My work colleague loved the card! YAY!



Cheers
Alison xx

Materials used:
Stamps - Papillon Potpourri, Curly Cute
Ink - Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Basic Black Marker (for jar)
Cardstock - Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, 
Accessories - Pearls, Window Sheet (for jar)
Tools - Big Shot, Butterfly Embosslits, Bitty Butterfly punch, Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Corner Rounder Punch, Glue Dots, Paper Piercer, Piercing Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx