Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

ColourQ Colour Challenge #134 - Stampin' Up! Medallion

Hi again

I have been wanting to create a card for a colour challenge for a while now and I saw this challenge over at ColourQ and thought I'd give it a go.




The colours looked really hard to work with when I first saw it but when I laid out the Bravo Burgundy, Calypso Coral & Pumpkin Pie next to one another.... they seemed to work....now just how to wrangle that Pool Party fellow......


 


To get this image, I took my Calypso Coral inkpad and used the edge of it to ink the centre of the pad, I made a little coverage of ink in the shape of a square, then rotated the stamp and did it again...this gave me an octagon type shape of ink over the centre of the medallion. I then got the pumpkin pie ink pad and, again using the edge of it, dragged ink from the edge of my Calypso Coral octagon towards the edge. The idea is to blend so don't worry if you start to lose the colour lines. I repeated all the way around the medallion stamp until it was covered to the edges in Pumpkin Pie. Using the Bravo Burgundy inkpad, I simply inked up the edges with the edge of the inkpad. After I had done this, I used a sponge and just lightly dabbed the area between the Pumpkin Pie & Bravo Burgundy....this helps to get that graduated blend of colour. 

To represent the 'Pool Party' I got one of Stampin' Up!'s lovely Antique Brads which has a slight verdigris finish anyway. To bring out the colour a bit more, I sponged Pool Party ink over the brad and used my Pool Party marker to fill in those little gaps. It doesn't quite show in the photo but it looks lovely!!     

I then layered my image onto Bravo Burgundy textured card stock and then onto Very Vanilla textured cardstock as the card base.

I would have NEVER chosen to use these colours if I was working to my own preferences, but that is the absolute beauty of colour challenges. They really do challenge you to think in different ways about your colours and how they 'work'. I encourage you to have a go....send me a link to your card or email me a photo! I'll put it on my blog for you. :)

Cheers & happy stampin'    
Alison xx

Materials used:
Stamp - Medallion
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy
Ink - Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, Pool Party
Accessories - Antique Brad
Tools - Paper Cutter, SNAIL, Mat Pack, Sponges, Stamp-a-majig

8 comments:

  1. Alison,love what you have done with the brad! You are so right about trying something different - thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty!! thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever....especially the brad! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Alison, this looks amazing. TFS Cheers Donna Zammit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, I agree how colour challenges changes the way you see the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Alison, I love the way you used the colors with the Medallion stamp! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has turned out beautifully Alison! What a brilliant image that Medallion is!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx