Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stampin' Up! Lego card

Hello

There's a guy at work who is celebrating a birthday this weekend....he loves red and he's into Lego....he buys the BIG sets....the ones that you build and never take apart or play with. :)

Anyhoo....when I saw the sketch at Retrosketches I just saw Lego pieces all lined up and knew this would be perfect! The colour palette of Island Indigo, Calypso Coral and Real Red over at Create with Connie and Mary made for a lively bold colour combo....great for a boys card (even though this "boy" is in his 20's!).

A small 'tip' when making your Lego blocks - adhere your circles to your blocks with mini glue dots....it is less mess than glue and gives the circles a certain dimension. I did drew a small 'reflective' feature on the edges of the circles (which I then sorta mucked up in that they didn't go the same way when stuck the blocks down on the card...whoops!).

Hope you like it....I think I may even do this in a class next month. :)

 



Happy Stamping!
Cheers
Alison xx


Materials used:
Stamps - So Happy For You (retired)...but any sentiment stamp set would do
Ink - Basic Black, Real Red Marker (for edges of Lego)
Cardstock - Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories - Island Indigo brad, Silver brads
Tools - Glue Dots, Stampin' Trimmer, paper piercer, SNAIL, 3/8 circle punch (from Itty Bitty Punches).  

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! How absolutely creative! I love the legos!! And this is a perfect guy card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Alison! This is a wonderful card! I love the legos. And I love the way you used the sketch and the colors too. Plus it is such a great clean and simple card. I am so glad you joined us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT kid card! I love how you did the legos. What a fun card this would be to receive. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...this is just too ADORABLE and what a perfect 'kid' card! I used the same sketch for another card and got a totally different look! Great use of the colors this week. Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAHHHH! this is fantastic! This is a great style for any gender, too! Thanks for playing along in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOO clever, I love the legos and can think of several who would love this card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making the top 3! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous idea which I'm sure will be borrowed over and over by the parents of boys! By the way Alison I'm glad I struck a chord with that Enid Blyton story about the fairy and the toy cooker. I've done a bit of research and it's a short story called The Little Toy Stove which appeared in several different books of short stories. I've been thinking it would be sweet to read it again! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx